[comp.edu] School Rankings

pjs269@tijc02.UUCP (Paul Schmidt ) (11/03/87)

HERE IT IS!

This is the "Official Nerd Colleges" as reported by "The Washingtonian"
October 1987 p. 179.

	1 Harvard
	2 RPI
	3 MIT

"Im a nerd, and I'm here to stand up for the rights of other nerds!
I'm smart and I'm different, and I'm pretty proud of it.  And I've got
news for all you beautiful people -- there are more of us than there
are of you!"  --  Speech in the movie Revenge of the Nerds

reggie@pdnbah.UUCP (George Leach) (11/05/87)

In article <174@tijc02.UUCP> pjs269@tijc02.UUCP (Paul Schmidt        ) writes:
>HERE IT IS!
>
>This is the "Official Nerd Colleges" as reported by "The Washingtonian"
>October 1987 p. 179.
>
>	1 Harvard
>	2 RPI
>	3 MIT
>
>"Im a nerd, and I'm here to stand up for the rights of other nerds!
>I'm smart and I'm different, and I'm pretty proud of it.  And I've got
>news for all you beautiful people -- there are more of us than there
>are of you!"  --  Speech in the movie Revenge of the Nerds

    So what are the trendy nerds wearing these days?  I mean, can I still
identify one given that when began my undergraduate work the distinctive
features of a nerd were:

		- horn rimmed glasses
		- pimples
		- bermuda shorts
		- black socks and shoes
		- calculator handing from the belt

George W. Leach					Paradyne Corporation
{gatech,codas,ucf-cs}!usfvax2!pdn!reggie	Mail stop LF-207
Phone: (813) 530-2376				P.O. Box 2826
						Largo, FL  34649-2826