[comp.edu] student access

ncmagel@ndsuvax.UUCP (ken magel) (11/05/87)

   Here at North Dakota State University, we provide free unlimited access
to USENET and BITNET with gateways to many other networks.  In October,
students sent 127 mail messages and requested 49 files thorugh these networks.
We do not monitor student usage, nor attempt to control it.
    Our phone bill is generally about 85% USENET news groups, 12% faculty
usage, and 3% student usage.

tlh@mordred.cs.purdue.edu (Thomas L. Hausmann) (11/13/87)

In article <472@ndsuvax.UUCP>, ncmagel@ndsuvax.UUCP (ken magel) writes:

>    Here at North Dakota State University, we provide free unlimited access
> to USENET and BITNET with gateways to many other networks.  In October,
> students sent 127 mail messages and requested 49 files thorugh these networks.
> We do not monitor student usage, nor attempt to control it.

    Ken,

    That is but a trickle.  I do half that much mailing in a month.
    However, it is really good to see some institutions able to do that.

    -Tom