[comp.edu] Logic Programming Research

ok@quintus.UUCP (Richard A. O'Keefe) (05/06/88)

Which Universities (not just in the USA) are doing logic programming
(not just Prolog) research?  I'd like to put together a list of places
where people interested in doing PhD work in logic programming might
go.

Please send me E-mail; I'll collect the replies I get together and send
them to the net.
---
ArpaNet quintus!ok@SUN.COM
UUCP    ...!{sun,pyramid}!quintus!ok
  or	ok@quintus.uucp

hamid@hilbert.uucp (Hamid Bacha) (05/07/88)

In article <934@cresswell.quintus.UUCP> ok@quintus.UUCP (Richard A. O'Keefe) writes:
>Which Universities (not just in the USA) are doing logic programming
>(not just Prolog) research?  I'd like to put together a list of places
>where people interested in doing PhD work in logic programming might
>go.

I really applaud your efforts in trying to put together a list of Universities
doing research in the area of logic programming. I think the list would be
of interest not just for students but also for new PhD's applying for jobs.
May I suggest that the list include some details on the type of research
being conducted (theory, implementation, logic and databases, expert systems,
etc.). This would help tremendously since the area covered by logic
programming is getting wider and wider.

Hamid Bacha
Logic Programming Research Group
Syracuse University

ok@quintus.UUCP (Richard A. O'Keefe) (05/07/88)

I received a reply to my earlier message on this topic which read
	I believe you must know here at <place>,
	<person> is doing logic programming research.

I'm afraid that misses the point.  What I want is details that I can put in
a list that I can give to other people.  Off-hand I can think of a dozen
places that I've heard of.  But I haven't got full postal addresses, e-mail
contacts, list of faculty interested in having logic programming PhD students
&c.

So I need to be clearer.  Imagine that you were writing an advertisement to
go in CACM on something like that which was supposed to attract logic
programming PhD students (or post-grad scholars) to your outfit.  THAT's
the kind of thing I'm after.

	Short name of institute
	Name of contact person
	Full postal address
	E-mail address of a contact person
	Study programs offered
	People doing logic programming research
	Specific topics (theory temporal compilers environments hardware &c)
	&c

Perhaps this is something the Logic Programming Association might more
properly _maintain_ than I, but I'd like to get it started.