[comp.edu] C S Masters, Emphasis on Networks

dorn@fabscal.UUCP (Alan Dorn Hetzel) (09/15/88)

I have a friend who is interested in a Masters program in computer science
with emphasis on Networks/Networking, can anyone recommend a good school/
schools?

Dorn
gatech.edu!fabscal!dorn

reggie@pdn.UUCP (George W. Leach) (09/16/88)

In article <163@fabscal.UUCP> dorn@fabscal.UUCP (Alan Dorn Hetzel) writes:
>I have a friend who is interested in a Masters program in computer science
>with emphasis on Networks/Networking, can anyone recommend a good school/
>schools?

      Columia University has a program in telecommunications networks.
Dr. Misha Schwartz, author of "Telecommunication Networks: Protocols,
Modeling and Analysis"- Addison-Wesley, heads their program I believe.
In addition, they draw upon many experts in the field from Bell Labs
and Bellcore as adjunct instructors.

--
George W. Leach					Paradyne Corporation
..!uunet!pdn!reggie				Mail stop LF-207