[comp.edu] Student preparedness, Intellectual inferiority, etc.

mreichn@pacsbb.UUCP (Mike Reichner) (01/28/89)

What's the deal here?  I tune in to sci.math or sci.physics and I have to
listen to ramblings about student preparedness, American intellectual
inferiority, teacher's unions, etc.

Please, when I want to read these subjects I will log on to comp.edu.
Please leave newsgroups dedicated to specific subjects out of your lists.

Thank you.

sbelcas@hvrunix.UUCP (Sarah Belcastro) (02/02/89)

In article <530@pacsbb.UUCP>, mreichn@pacsbb.UUCP (Mike  Reichner) writes:

> What's the deal here?  I tune in to sci.math or sci.physics and I have to
> listen to ramblings about student preparedness, American intellectual
> inferiority, teacher's unions, etc.
>
> Please, when I want to read these subjects I will log on to comp.edu.
> Please leave newsgroups dedicated to specific subjects out of your lists.
>
> Thank you.

Forgive me for cross posting to comp.edu but i don't know how to change
where it goes.

Pardon me, but when i log into sci.math or physics, i expect to see
discussions of topics in math(physics)-- this includes how to teach
the subjects, the relative calibers of students in these subjects...
as far as i understand, comp.edu is for computers in education.
Thus it would be an inappropriate place to post this stuff.
If you can get a group called sci.edu or misc.edu, fine.  But until then
i will be most interested to read and also contribute to discussions
on these topics.

				--sarah marie belcastro.

		Bitnet:(PLEASE!!!)  s_belcastro@hvrford