[comp.edu] Library on-line systems

jordan@cs.columbia.edu (Jordan Hayes) (04/27/89)

Hi,

I'm looking for examples of on-line library access either through
dial-up or Internet access.  Send mail and I'll summarize.

Thanks.

/jordan

alex@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Alex Hartov) (04/28/89)

In article <186@cs.columbia.edu> jordan@cs.columbia.edu (Jordan Hayes) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for examples of on-line library access either through
>dial-up or Internet access.  Send mail and I'll summarize.
Here at Dartmouth the library catalog is online.  If you are interested, it is open access:
(603)643 6300
type: c lib
It's fairly simple to figure out.
Have fun
Alex
(need a 1200 baud modem with the number I gave you)

ciriello@lafcol.UUCP (Patrick Ciriello II) (04/28/89)

In article <186@cs.columbia.edu>, jordan@cs.columbia.edu (Jordan Hayes) writes:
> I'm looking for examples of on-line library access either through
> dial-up or Internet access.  Send mail and I'll summarize.

The number is 1-215-253-2521, 1200 Baud

have fun

Pat Ciriello II

rrw@naucse.UUCP (Robert Wier) (05/02/89)

> In article <186@cs.columbia.edu>, jordan@cs.columbia.edu (Jordan Hayes) writes:
> > I'm looking for examples of on-line library access either through

 The Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries --

   Since I live in a SMALL town in the Colorado Rockies during the
 summer, I use this system to search the card catalogs of the major
 libraries in Colorado, including the Denver Public Library, and the
 U of Colorado library.  The interface is a little clumbsy, but it
 is really an impressive system.  I get whatever looks interesting
 though the state-wide interlibrary loan.

 Oh yes, the system is free, no password needed.  (Just the LD
 charges :-)  )....

   - Bob Wier                                College of Engineering
  Flagstaff, Arizona                      Northern Arizona University
  ...arizona!naucse!rrw |  BITNET: WIER@NAUVAX | *usual disclaimers*

------------------------------------
     CARL is pleased to announce the addition of four new dial up
lines.  We now have a total of nine lines for your convenience.

     These new lines will handle automatic baud rate conversion.
The new numbers are as follows:
                                     ***********************
                    303-830-2199     * Press RETURN a few  *
                    303-830-2241     * time until the CARL *
                    303-830-2265     * System responds.)   *
                    303-830-2297     ***********************

     The following lines are dedicated to the indicated baud rate.

     1200 Baud  --  303-830-1546       300 Baud -- 303-830-1165
     1200 Baud  --  303-830-1547      2400 Baud -- 303-830-0519
     1200 Baud  --  303-830-1548    CARL office -- 303-861-5319

     We do require that your terminal be set up in a particular way
to use these lines. Terminal settings are as follows:

     1200/2400 BAUD                 300 BAUD (303-830-1165 only)
        8 bit character length         7 bit character length
        inhibit (or no) parity         even parity
        1 stop bit                     1 stop bit
        full duplex                    full duplex