[comp.edu] Education Conference Schedules - Directories

edm002@muvms3.bitnet (10/14/89)

In article <10657@csli.Stanford.EDU>, kato@csli.Stanford.EDU (Hiroshi Kato) writes:
> I would like to know the schedule of conferences on education held in
> U.S.A., particularly, ADCIS and AERA. Does anybody tell me when and
> where they are held and who I shall correspondent with if I want to
> know details.
>
> Hiroshi Kato
	The best general source is the ENCYCLOPEDIA OF ASSOCIATIONS, a
reference book available in college and most public libraries.  This lists any
national organization on any subject (both professional and hobby groups), and
the dates of each group's next annual convention.  There is a good keyword
index; try searching under 'EDUCATION' in the keyword index and see what is
available.
	The database is also available electronically through the DIALOG
system.  You can search, for example, for associations dealing with education
that have conventions coming up in Los Angeles between January and June 1990
(some high-level specificity is possible).  But start with the printed
directory, and see what's available.
--
         edm002@muvms3.bitnet,Marshall University
         Fred R. Reenstjerna     | Sleep on, eagle forgotten,