[comp.edu] Purpose of comp.edu

FRISBY-T@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Tony Frisby) (02/07/90)

Hello, a friend suggested that this might be a forum for discussion of the
use of computers in the field of eduction, including teacher ed, use in
schools, etc.

After reading some of the mail, I got the impression your focus was more
programming oriented.  Do these other topics fit into your charter?

I am a graduate student at Ohio State, we recently set up a local b-board
to discuss maters in the general field of instructional design, but as yet
the service hasn't seen much use.  I was hoping to find a national forum that
might get more discussion going.

Tony

Frisby-t@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu

Let me know directly, or follow-up to this message, I will continue to read
here, what you think.

jwk@lanl.gov (John W. Keller) (02/07/90)

In article <12564436493012@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu>, FRISBY-T@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Tony Frisby) writes:
> Hello, a friend suggested that this might be a forum for discussion of the
> use of computers in the field of eduction, including teacher ed, use in
> schools, etc.
>
> After reading some of the mail, I got the impression your focus was more
> programming oriented.  Do these other topics fit into your charter?
>
> I am a graduate student at Ohio State, we recently set up a local b-board
> to discuss maters in the general field of instructional design, but as yet
> the service hasn't seen much use.  I was hoping to find a national forum that
> might get more discussion going.
>
> Tony

This is the perfect forum for the types of discussions that you have in mind.
All you, or anyone need do, is to get a discussion on the topic you with
started and usually it will take off. Personaly, I would be very interested
in joining in a discussion about the use of computers for instructional
disign.

John

John Keller			Staff Reasearch Assistant
LANL, MS M997			Los Alamos National Laboratory
PO Box 1663
Los Alamos, NM 87544		jwk@beta.lanl.gov
As usual, my opinions are my own.
***********************************

hammer@wsucsa.uucp (Tim .D. Hammer) (02/09/90)

In article <43061@lanl.gov>, jwk@lanl.gov (John W. Keller) writes:
> In article <12564436493012@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu>, FRISBY-T@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Tony Frisby) writes:
>> Hello, a friend suggested that this might be a forum for discussion of the
>> use of computers in the field of eduction, including teacher ed, use in
>> schools, etc.

   [lines deleted]

>> Tony
>>

> This is the perfect forum for the types of discussions that you have in mind.
> All you, or anyone need do, is to get a discussion on the topic you with
> started and usually it will take off. Personaly, I would be very interested
> in joining in a discussion about the use of computers for instructional
> disign.
>
> John

I just discovered this group for the reasons above.  I have been wanting
(at the urging of my school-teacher parents) to attempt to provide some
_good_ PD/Shareware educational software and/or find others who agree or
already do so.

What is out there? Does anyone know where to look?  What kind of things
would educators be looking for?

I would be very interested in joining a discussion like this and hope for
some varied input.

		Tim .D.
Tim .D. Hammer                         BITNET: TDHAMMER@TWSUVAX
Research Assistant                     UUCP: uunet!ncrlnk!ncrwic!wsucsa!hammer
Computer Science Dept.		       INTERNET: tdhammer@oz.wsu.UKans.EDU
Wichita State University
Wichita, Ks.  67208-1595               TalkNET: (316)689-3156

#include <std.disclaimer>
#define VIEWS_and_OPINIONS  MY_OWN  /* no one else would admit to them */
"A little learning is a dangerous thing." Alexander Pope