[comp.edu] Easy college courses

jharkins@sagpd1.UUCP (Jim Harkins) (07/06/90)

Please bear with me, I've debated for a few months on whether or not I should
post this.  After going to school for 12 years I need 5 units to graduate with
a degree in applied math (it's my second degree, I'm not *that* stupid).  They
can be any 5 units, no restrictions.  So I'm debating whether I should take 2
courses I'm interested in (advanced physics, chemistry, etc), or if I should
take 2 no-brainers.  My question is, if I decide to take the no-brainers which
are the most brainless of all?  If you all would email me indicating the class
in which you did the least amount of work I'd much appreciate it.  At the risk
of a singed mailbox, how about the class in which I'm most likely to meet
women?  After all, I am 31 years old, make well over 40K per year, am single,
and own my own home.  Might be nice to try settling down for awhile....

I should mention I'm going to SDSU, any detailed advice about this school is
especially appreciated.

--
jim		jharkins@sagpd1

I hate to see you go, but I love to see you walk away.

jkimble@bally.Bally.COM (The Programmer Guy) (07/09/90)

In article <845@sagpd1.UUCP> jharkins@sagpd1.UUCP (Jim Harkins) writes:

> [want suggestions for an easy class]
>
>I should mention I'm going to SDSU, any detailed advice about this school is
>especially appreciated.

While at San Diego State I took a class titled "Bob Dylan Lyrics as
Literature" and had a blast.  Both the midterm and the final exam were
take-home.  Great class.  Where else can you investigate the meaning
of such phrases as "the pump don't work 'cause the vandels stole the
handle" and "...going the wrong way into Juarez with Juanita on my
lap..." while earning 3.0 upper-division units? ;-)

--
--Jim Kimble,				Internet: jkimble@bally.bally.com
Consultant: Have kernel, will travel	UUCP:     uunet!bally!jkimble

"ALPO is 99 cents a can.  That's over SEVEN dog dollars!!"

steves@mcrware.UUCP (Steve Simpson) (07/10/90)

While at the University of Nebraska, I took a mini-course on *The Philosophy
of Star Trek*.  What a great way to take a new look at a TV show.  However,
we never watched a single episode in class (we read the script books).

The course was part of series that included:
	The Philosophy of Star Trek
	The Philosophy of JRR Tolkien
	The Philosophy of Bob Dylan

I hated other philosophy course, but learned a lot about it from applying
it to ST.  Now I watch ST:The Next Generation with a different eye.

"Homer" Simpson
"Remember...As fas as anyone knows,
we're a nice, normal family."
Disclaimer: My words, not theirs.

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (07/15/90)

After two degrees, you deserve a few easy credits.  Look for
"seminar" type classes.  UW-Madison offers a series of summer
seminars on some relevent topic every year.  All you have to
do is write a 2 page summary paper to prove that you went to
at least 4 of the lectures.  I even learned a few interesting
things while investing almost no effort.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                ...uunet!rosevax!bungia!wd0gol!newave!john