[comp.edu] C++ as language to teach undergraduates?

dana@rucs.runet.edu (Dana Eckart) (10/26/90)

I would like to know which, if any, Computer Science Departments around
the world use C++ as the primary language taught to undergraduates.  In
addition, I would like to hear of any books that are available that might
be used for teaching CS I and CS II type courses.  Any thoughts on the
relative advantages and disadvantages of using C++ as the primary language
(as opposed to Pascal) would also be appreciated.  Thanks in advance...

J Dana Eckart     INTERNET: dana@rucs.runet.edu
                     SNAIL: P.O. Box 10865/Blacksburg, VA  24062-0865

reid@ss6.uucp (Dr Richard J. Reid) (10/26/90)