[comp.edu] Computer Literacy/Implications Course

slimick@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John C Slimick) (03/07/91)

Some time back someone wrote about doing their
computer literacy course less as a "gee whiz" and
more as a social implications course. Could that person
send me the name of the textbook used and some
information on how the course was structured?

I recently found out that for once in the
literacy course that I was "staff" since
the usual staff refused to teach it.

john slimick
slimick@unix.cis.pitt.edu

freewill@nstar.rn.com (Bill Williston) (03/09/91)

slimick@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John C Slimick) writes:

> I recently found out that for once in the
> literacy course that I was "staff" since
> the usual staff refused to teach it.

I thought ALL the dinasaurs were extinct!!!  Why not a course in something
useful like word processing, database management,....?  (I mean dino..)

--
Bill Williston                       NSTAR conferencing site 219-289-0287
internet: freewill@nstar.rn.com              1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines