[comp.edu] Grade keeper

bstankie@teri.bio.uci.edu (Bozo) (05/05/91)

I am looking for a program that will keep track of grades for a
class.  The programs main requirement is that the user is able
to incorporate ascii files from an IBM.  These ascii files here
are produced from the typical scantron, and would contain the
student's id and score on the test.  I know there are a number
out there, but I have not been able to find one.  Anyone knowing
of an ftp site that has this I would appreciate the information

Thanks in advance
Brian J. Stankiewicz
bstankie@teri.bio.uci.edu

g_harrison@vger.nsu.edu (George C. Harrison, Norfolk State University) (05/06/91)

In article <282306B9.22986@orion.oac.uci.edu>, bstankie@teri.bio.uci.edu (Bozo) writes:
> I am looking for a program that will keep track of grades for a
> class.  The programs main requirement is that the user is able
> to incorporate ascii files from an IBM.  These ascii files here
> are produced from the typical scantron, and would contain the
> student's id and score on the test.  I know there are a number
> out there, but I have not been able to find one.  Anyone knowing
> of an ftp site that has this I would appreciate the information
>
> Thanks in advance
> Brian J. Stankiewicz
> bstankie@teri.bio.uci.edu

Brian, I suggest looking into purchasing Borland's Quattro Pro.  For educators
it's << $100.  I've used Quattro for several years and love it.  You get a
great grade book (that you can configure to your heart's content) plus an
extremely function spread sheet.

-- George C. Harrison                              -----------------------
----- Professor of Computer Science                -----------------------
----- Norfolk State University                     -----------------------