[comp.edu] 6th International Computing & Philosophy Conference

cavrak@uvm.edu (Steve Cavrak) (05/15/91)

                 SIXTH INTERNATIONAL

        COMPUTING & PHILOSOPHY CONFERENCE

                  August 10 - 12, 1991

                 SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT
                   STATE UNIVERSlTY
                NEW HAVEN, CT 06515 USA

This is a call for registrations for the Sixth International
Computing & Philosophy Conference. The major topics of the
conference include: .

Artificial Intelligence and Philosophy of Mind
   Philosophy and the Gutenberg Project
  Computer Assisted Instruction in Logic
   Electronic Analysis of Philosophy Texts
  Computing and the Concept of Knowledge
     The conference will also showcase
          instructional software

The 6th CAP Conference will be held on the campus of Southern
Connecticut State University in New Haven, Connecticut, August
10th to 12th, 1991.  Facilities and living quarters will be air
conditioned; and the conference will be "family-friendly" with
a day care center, baby sitting service, social events,
playing fields and nearby tourist attractions available to
family members.

Another feature of this 6th CAP is the fact that it will be
held back-to-back with a major computer ethics conference: The
National Conference on Computing and Values. If you attend the
6th CAP, you have the option of remaining on campus for the
NCCV.

Travel Information

From Rhode Island I-I-95 South: Follow I-95 South to exit 47
(Downtown New Haven, Rte.. 34). Follow Route 34 to light at
Ella Grasso Blvd. Go Right onto Ella Grasso and follow till
end (T) at Cressent Go Left and enter parking lot on right

From Hartford /Springfield, Masss I-91 South:  Follow I-91
South to Exit 17 (Wilbur Cross Parkway/ Route 15 South) Follow
to Exit 59. Go Right off exit ramp onto Whalley Ave. Go 1.4
miles till Fitch Street.  Go left onto Fitch. Follow .7 miles,
turn Right into first driveway after Southern Connecticut
State University underpass.

From New York - Hutchinson River/Merrlt / Wilbur Cross P
Parkway (Route 15): Follow Route 15 to exit S9. At end of exit
ramp go Right onto Whalley Avenue Go 1.4 miles till Fitch
Street. Go Left onto Fitch Follow .7 miles, turn Right into
first driveway after Southern Connecticut State University
underpass.

From New York 1-95 North: Follow I-95 North to Exit 44 (Rte.
10 / Kimberly Ave.). At end of ramp go Right onto Kimberly Ave.
Go to stop light, make left onto Ella Grasso. Go 3 miles till
end (T) at Crescent.  Go left and enter parking lot on Right.

From I-U East Follow I-84 Exit Exit 11 (Route 34-Neww Haven).
Follow Route 34 (Approximately 2S &) till it crosss Ella
Grasso Clvd. (or Route 10).  Go Left onto ELla Grasso Blvd.
and follow till end (T) at Crescent. Go Left and enter parking
lot on right

Tweed - New Haven Airport SeveralG airline carrierss fly into
New Haven's Tweed Airport Call your travel agent for specific
flight information.

Other Airport: Limousine service to New Haven i5 available
from New York area and Hartford (Bradley) air ports.

Trains:  AmTrak has regularly scheduled service from major
American cities to New Haven. Metro North is commuter rail
service from New York City (two hours to New Haven).

Name                           Institution / Company

Surface Address

Telephone Number ______________________________

E-mail Address

[] Registration fee: (before 7/1 $75; after 7/1 $90; student $35)
[] Single dorm room Friday, Saturday, Sunday $120 total)
[] Double dorm room (Friday, Saturday, Sunday $7S total )
[] Children's room supplement (Friday, Saturday, Sunday $40 per child)
[] Board (Friday dinner-Monday lunch $60)
[] Children's board supplement (Friday dinner-Monday lunch S30 per child)
[] Send me information on childcare and baby sitting

[] Send me registration information on the National Conference
    on Computing and Values Total

Refund Policy: 100% if postmarked before August 1

Please send this form and a check or money order payable to
"CAP Conference" to: Steve Gold, Department of Philosophy,
Southern Connecticut State University, 501 Crescent Street,
New Haven, CT 06515 USA

paulh@cs.uq.oz.au (Paul Henman) (05/22/91)

In <1991May14.180808.22626@uvm.edu> cavrak@uvm.edu (Steve Cavrak) writes:

>Another feature of this 6th CAP is the fact that it will be
>held back-to-back with a major computer ethics conference: The
>National Conference on Computing and Values. If you attend the
>6th CAP, you have the option of remaining on campus for the
>NCCV.

Could someone tell me where I can get more information about NCCV.

Paul Henman	-	paulh@cs.uq.au.oz