[comp.dcom.lans] Office Automation TCP/IP for ibm-pc?

dove@savax.UUCP (webster dove) (11/25/86)

Can anyone suggest a software/hardware ethernet product for ms-dos ibm
pc that:

  supports facilities like mail to/from each pc

  allows a single pc with a large (>100mbyte) shared disk to support
  NFS or something like it for the other pc's.

  allows sharing of a spooling laser printer

  either uses TCP/IP protocols or at least can talk to TCP/IP based
  machines like Sun, VAX/Ultrix via FTP (or preferably NFS), SMTP and
  TELNET

????

Please send mail, don't post news.

ake@umecs.UUCP (12/03/86)

In article <408@savax.UUCP> dove@savax.UUCP writes:
>Can anyone suggest a software/hardware ethernet product for ms-dos ibm
>pc that:
	.
	.
	.

>  either uses TCP/IP protocols or at least can talk to TCP/IP based
>  machines like Sun, VAX/Ultrix via FTP (or preferably NFS), SMTP and
>  TELNET

I am also VERY interested in this.
Please mail me too.

Ake

atkins@nbires.UUCP (Brian Atkins) (12/05/86)

Check with:
	FTP Software Inc.
	P.O. Box 150
	Kendall Square Branch
	Boston, MA 02142
	(617) 868-4878

Their stuff has all the usual INET stuff (FTP, TELNET, TFTP, etc.),
and most UNIX commands like rexec, rlogin and rcp.  They also have SMTP
mail capability.

We have used their stuff for a short while and have found it to be very
satisfactory.

Brian Atkins   ...{attunix, hao, allegra, ucbvax}!nbires!atkins
NBI Inc., P.O. Box 9001, Boulder CO 80301	(303) 444-5710