[comp.dcom.lans] Microport TCP recommendations

lyndon@ncc.UUCP (Lyndon Nerenberg) (11/09/87)

We have a 286/AT clone running Microport System V/AT and
MSDOS 3.2.  We're looking for a TCP/IP implementation to
run under both OS's (preferably from the same vendor).

The DOS side requires telnet and ftp. Under UNIX, we require
telnet, ftp, rlogin, and something that runs SMTP and can
talk to sendmail (native sendmail would be nice). The UNIX
implementation must also support NFS.

The environment consists of the AT, a Sun 3/280, and a mixture
of Convergent hardware running on a thicknet.

If you're running such a setup, please drop me a line describing
your configuration.

Thanks all,

Lyndon Nerenberg
Nexus Computing Inc.
{alberta,pyramid,uwvax}!ncc!lyndon  ||  lyndon%ncc.uucp@spool.wisc.edu

mac@idacrd.UUCP (Bob McGwier) (11/10/87)

in article <141@ncc.UUCP>, lyndon@ncc.UUCP (Lyndon Nerenberg) says:

Lyndon:

I would have thought you knew that Phil's stuff has been ported to
system V.  Contact Bdale Garbee.

Bob

brian@casemo.UUCP (Brian Cuthie ) (11/17/87)

In article <328@idacrd.UUCP>, mac@idacrd.UUCP (Bob McGwier) writes:
> in article <141@ncc.UUCP>, lyndon@ncc.UUCP (Lyndon Nerenberg) says:
> >

> Lyndon:
>
> I would have thought you knew that Phil's stuff has been ported to
> system V.  Contact Bdale Garbee.
>
> Bob

How do we get the sys V version of the KA9Q stuff ??   I've been waiting for
a while for a posting that would suggest that it's actually available.  Last
I had heard, it was still in beta test (so to speak).  I'm dying to have it !

Cheers,
brian