[comp.dcom.lans] enet on fibre

padama@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (padama) (02/25/88)

From postnews Wed Feb 24 17:57:27 1988
Subject: enet on fibrea
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.lans

Does anyone have the names of companies that sell and service fibre optic ethernet repeaters or transceiver extenders? We need to link a couple of ethernets on fibre over a stretch that's about 4271 ft. American photonics made the RL5000
that seemed a possibility, but they just went bankrupt and filed chapter 11.
Also, are there people who've mixed fibre optics, baseband and broadband ethernets via Chipcom broadband ethernet equipment ? I would appreciate any
accounts of such configurations very much..thanks, Padma Krishnaswamy