[comp.dcom.lans] Connexions Magazine

dorl@vms.macc.wisc.edu (04/07/88)

I've heard that there is a good magazine called 'Connexions'
on computer communications.  Can anyone recommend it?  Does anyone
have the address and/or phone number of the publisher?

kwe@bu-cs.BU.EDU (kwe@bu-it.bu.edu (Kent W. England)) (04/08/88)

In article <119@dogie.edu> dorl@vms.macc.wisc.edu writes:
>I've heard that there is a good magazine called 'Connexions'
>on computer communications.  Can anyone recommend it?  Does anyone
>have the address and/or phone number of the publisher?

	I can recommend it, although I should probably let Dan Lynch
give it a plug [oops, not kosher] since he contributes to this list.

	ConneXions
	21370 Vai Ave
	Cupertino, CA 95014

	Dan Lynch, Publisher
	Ole Jacobsen, Editor
	Vint Cerf, D. Clark, D. Mills, J. Postel; Ed. Advisory Board

	$100 for 12 issues per year.

	408-996-2042

dick@ccb.ucsf.edu (Dick Karpinski) (04/09/88)

In article <119@dogie.edu> dorl@vms.macc.wisc.edu writes:
>I've heard that there is a good magazine called 'Connexions'
>on computer communications.  Can anyone recommend it?  Does anyone
>have the address and/or phone number of the publisher?

Connexions is published by Advanced Computing Environments,
21370 Vai Avenue, Cupertino, CA 95014 (408) 996-2042

The address may be old since I think the moved to San Jose
a couple of months ago, but prolly either the address or the
phone will give new info.

We like the newsletter which is subtitled "The Interopreability
Report" and contains many useful brief notes on the status and
progress of the Internet world.

Dick
Dick Karpinski  Manager of Minicomputer Services, UCSF Computer Center
UUCP:  ...!ucbvax!ucsfcgl!cca.ucsf!dick        (415) 476-4529 (11-7)
BITNET:  dick@ucsfcca or dick@ucsfvm           Compuserve: 70215,1277
USPS:  U-76 UCSF, San Francisco, CA 94143-0704   Telemail: RKarpinski
Domain: dick@cca.ucsf.edu  Home (415) 658-6803  Ans 658-3797