[comp.dcom.lans] DEMPR problem - DEMPR appears to hang

lamaster@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Hugh LaMaster) (05/12/88)

I have a DEMPR which I inherited - DEMPR - AA Rev. C1
This particular box hangs every now and then and must be powered
off and on to reset - then it works for a while (MTBF 1 day) and
then hangs again.  Is this a well known problem (e.g. firmware)
or is it just my box (call the repair man)?

--
  Hugh LaMaster, m/s 233-9,  UUCP {topaz,lll-crg,ucbvax}!
  NASA Ames Research Center                ames!lamaster

bob@rel.eds.com (Bob Leffler) (05/14/88)

In article <8661@ames.arc.nasa.gov>, lamaster@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Hugh LaMaster) writes:
> I have a DEMPR which I inherited - DEMPR - AA Rev. C1
> This particular box hangs every now and then and must be powered
> off and on to reset - then it works for a while (MTBF 1 day) and
> then hangs again.  Is this a well known problem (e.g. firmware)
> or is it just my box (call the repair man)?

I run into a similar problem every once in while when all the ports
are not terminated.  Other than that I haven't experienced any major
problems with the dozen demprs located at my site.

--
Bob Leffler - EDS, GM Truck & Bus Account (313)456-5375
bob@rel.eds.com or {uunet!edsews, rutgers, umix}!rel!bob