[comp.dcom.lans] Embedded TCP-UDP/IP ethernet board

sid@linus.UUCP (Sid Stuart) (05/25/88)

I have an application where that has a limited amount of physical space and
needs to push data into a Sun 3/160. I would like to use and ethernet board,
but what I need is a self-sufficient board that can run the TCP/IP
protocols, without needing to have the software downloaded to it (no disk
drive).  Does anyone know of a board that has all of the necessary software
to boot and run TCP/IP in proms, with some simple mechanism to move data onto
the board?

sid stuart
sid@linus.uucp
sid@linus.arpa

schultz@mmm.UUCP (John C Schultz) (05/26/88)

In article <32779@linus.UUCP> sid@milo.UUCP (Sid Stuart) writes:

>...  Does anyone know of a board that has all of the necessary software
>to boot and run TCP/IP in proms, with some simple mechanism to move data onto
>the board?

I too would be interested in  PROMMable TCP/IP software preferably
capable of running in a OSless environment.  This would only be a data
source that would come on-line on powerup.

--
   john c. schultz         schultz@mmm.UUCP          (612) 733-4047
           3M Center, Bldg 518-1-1, St. Paul, MN 55144-1000