[comp.dcom.lans] IBM Token Ring NetBIOS

tdh@moria.macs.unisys.COM (Thomas Hintz) (07/27/88)

Has anyone seen a vendor (or public domain) implementation of IBM's token
ring NetBIOS on UNIX (Berkeley, sys5, etc)?

sskelton@entec.Wichita.NCR.COM (Stan Skelton) (08/01/88)

In article <269@moria.macs.unisys.COM>, tdh@moria.macs.unisys.COM (Thomas Hintz) writes:
> Has anyone seen a vendor (or public domain) implementation of IBM's token
> ring NetBIOS on UNIX (Berkeley, sys5, etc)?

NCR offers an IBM Token Ring NetBIOS compatible product for the Tower 32/400
and 32 /600.  It is a "smart" adapter design with NetBIOS and below on the
adapter.  Please contact me for more info.

--
Stan Skelton  Network Products Development, NCR E&M Wichita
 NCR:654-8556 <Stan.Skelton@Wichita.NCR.COM>

klein@lupine.UUCP (Doug Klein ) (08/05/88)

In article <269@moria.macs.unisys.COM>, tdh@moria.macs.unisys.COM (Thomas Hintz) writes:
> Has anyone seen a vendor (or public domain) implementation of IBM's token
> ring NetBIOS on UNIX (Berkeley, sys5, etc)?

You might try:	Syntax
		Auburn, WA
		206-833-1368

Last time I visited them they had a nice NetBIOS implementation on top of
TCP/IP. They also work with VMS VAXen.

ken@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Ken Blackwell) (08/08/88)

In article <120@lupine.UUCP> klein@lupine.UUCP (Doug Klein ) writes:
>In article <269@moria.macs.unisys.COM>, tdh@moria.macs.unisys.COM (Thomas Hintz) writes:
>> Has anyone seen a vendor (or public domain) implementation of IBM's token
>> ring NetBIOS on UNIX (Berkeley, sys5, etc)?

NCR Corporation currenly offers NetBIOS over Token-Ring on the NCR Tower
family running System V.  Utilities are included for sending/receiving files,
network printing, and remote login via the network.  Also, NCR offers Tower
File Server (TFS), which allows the Tower to act as a IBM-PC Lan compatible
file server on your net.