[net.unix-wizards] shared runtime libraries

njh@root44.UUCP (Nigel Horne) (06/09/85)

We at Root have a shared runtime library package for System V. So far
it's been tested only on 68000's, but we see no reason for it not to work
on other machines. Take this for a ``size'' on the System V /bin/echo:

	3120+404+2752 = 6276	not shared system V 68000
	544+388+2852 = 3784	shared system V 68000
	2048+1024+16024 = 19096	VAX 4.2BSD

Nigel Horne	<njh@rootcl.UUCP>	Phone:	+44 1 726 6501
Root Computers Ltd.			Telex:	894519
{deccra,edai,glasgow,hrc63,ist,kcl-cs,qmc-cs,rlvd,pmllab,stc,warwick,uel,
	ukc,unisoft}!root44!rootcl!njh

sml@luke.UUCP (Steven List) (06/18/85)

In article <5391@root44.UUCP> njh@root44.UUCP (Nigel Horne) writes:
>We at Root have a shared runtime library package for System V. So far
>it's been tested only on 68000's, but we see no reason for it not to work
>on other machines.

Is this something you can share (no pun intended)?  Or something
proprietary to you or someone else?  I am sure that we (and undoubtedly
others) could find many excellent uses for this package.  We ARE on a
68000.