[comp.dcom.lans] What do you know about 10-Net?

msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) (12/10/88)

I am looking for information on 10-Net, put out by either the 10-Net
corporation or the people who make IRMA boards (maybe tthe same
people?).

Supposedly, this is a network for the IBM PC family that works
peer-to-peer, and allows for peripheral sharing as well as Novell
compatibility.  It the Novell compatibility that I'm concerned about,
but I could really use anything you've got.

Thanks in advance.
Mark

--
Mark Smith (alias Smitty) "Be careful when looking into the distance,
RPO 1604; P.O. Box 5063  that you do not miss what is right under your nose."

bob@rel.eds.com (Bob Leffler) (12/10/88)

In article <Dec.9.15.05.55.1988.22568@topaz.rutgers.edu>, msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) writes:
> I am looking for information on 10-Net, put out by either the 10-Net
> corporation or the people who make IRMA boards (maybe tthe same
> people?).

Fox was purchased about 1 1/2 years ago by DCA, so they are a part of the
same corporate structure.

> Supposedly, this is a network for the IBM PC family that works
> peer-to-peer, and allows for peripheral sharing as well as Novell
> compatibility.  It the Novell compatibility that I'm concerned about,
> but I could really use anything you've got.

I haven't been close to Fox's products in about a year, but I don't believe
that they are Novell compatable.

When they first entered the market, they were a real good inexpensive LAN.
As I understand it now, they are trying to become more standard orientated.
Since being acquired by DCA, it appears that Fox has lost their price
performance edge.

--
Bob Leffler - EDS, GM Truck & Bus Account (313)456-5375
bob@rel.eds.com or {uunet!edsews, rutgers, umix}!rel!bob