[comp.dcom.lans] Wollongong TCP/IP?

peter@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Peter Hurley) (12/22/88)

I wonder if anyone out there can help us with a problem?
Simply put, is the Wollongong TCP/IP product compatible with the
UNIX TCP/TP?

I will be grateful for any advice.

Peter
--
EMAIL:	peter@comp.lancs.ac.uk		| Post: University of Lancaster,
UUCP:	...!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!peter	|	Department of Computing,

john@polyof.UUCP ( John Buck ) (12/24/88)

In article <617@dcl-csvax.comp.lancs.ac.uk>, peter@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Peter Hurley) writes:
> Simply put, is the Wollongong TCP/IP product compatible with the
> UNIX TCP/TP?

We are running WINS 2.1 (Wollongong Integrated Network Software, V2.1) on
our 3B2/500's under System 5.3.2.  It SEEMS to work OK, except that since
it is based on 4.2BSD networking utilities, "ftp" is not compatible
with our BSD4.3 based "ftp" sites.  You will have to do some magic
(IE if you have your old 4.2 ftp for your vax, OK).  It also does not
support sub-netting per se.  You will have to add specific routes for
EACH host on your sub-netted network.  If you do not have sub-nets,
this does not apply (obviously).  If you have any more detailed questions,
mail would be best.

John Buck
john@polyof.poly.edu
john@polygraf.BITNET