[comp.dcom.lans] BICC 1130 DELNI-equivalent

haas@wasatch.UUCP (Walt Haas) (02/11/89)

We're considering the purchase of a BICC ISOLAN model 1130 8-port
DELNI-type box.  It looks like a good deal from the glossy literature-
does anybody on the net have any war stories, pro or con?

Thanks in advance  -- Walt Haas    haas@cs.utah.edu    utah-cs!haas

john@polyof.UUCP ( John Buck ) (02/14/89)

In article <1095@wasatch.UUCP>, haas@wasatch.UUCP (Walt Haas) writes:
> We're considering the purchase of a BICC ISOLAN model 1130 8-port
> DELNI-type box.  It looks like a good deal from the glossy literature-
> does anybody on the net have any war stories, pro or con?

We have 2 of them kind-of-sort-of daisy chained together; had them about
a year or so.  No problems yet.  One thing noteworthy, they have the
"standard" ethernet transceiver connector clips, not screws.  What we
did was just replace all the hubs on the BICC with screw in type
fasteners, and screwed all the transceiver cables to the BICC.

Ethernet clip-type fasteners suck; if you get this thing, I'd replace
them as we did.

John Buck
john@polyof.poly.edu [128.238.10.100]