[comp.dcom.lans] Ethernet Performance Monitoring Software

jeff@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Stearns) (02/16/89)

In article <548@ftp.COM> jbvb@ftp.COM (James Van Bokkelen) writes:
> Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) network management station
> software, which can query gateways (some) and hosts (very few, as of yet)
> that contain SNMP "agents" for statistics and configuration, and change
> some values remotely.  The only thing I know of actually on the market
> is Proteon's "Overview", but the MIT and CMU public-domain libraries
> announced a few weeks ago may contain some useful applications, if you
> have a TCP/IP "sockets" development environment on your PC.

I have a network that needs monitoring and some PC's with a TCP/IP socket
library.  Can anybody provide a pointer to the MIT and CMU libraries mentioned
above?
	Thanks!

	Jeff Stearns			jeff@tc.fluke.COM
	John Fluke Mfg. Co, Inc.	(206) 356-5064
--
    Jeff Stearns        John Fluke Mfg. Co, Inc.               (206) 356-5064
    jeff@tc.fluke.COM   {uw-beaver,microsoft,sun}!fluke!jeff

PS - Calling all users of the Vitalink TransLAN IV Ethernet bridge! Please
     drop me a line.

jbvb@ftp.COM (James Van Bokkelen) (02/24/89)

In article <6975@fluke.COM>, jeff@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Stearns) writes:
> In article <548@ftp.COM> jbvb@ftp.COM (James Van Bokkelen) writes:
> I have a network that needs monitoring and some PC's with a TCP/IP socket
> library.  Can anybody provide a pointer to the MIT and CMU libraries...

The MIT library is on "allspice.lcs.mit.edu", in pub/snmp.  I would look
for the CMU stuff on po1 or po2.andrew.cmu.edu, but I'm not sure.  The
location was posted to comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc back about 1/16.

--
James B. VanBokkelen		We're moving.  After 2/26, the new number
FTP Software Inc.		will be (617) 246-0900.