[comp.dcom.lans] BTI

haas@wasatch.UUCP (Walt Haas) (03/14/89)

In article <183@syteke.UUCP>, jim@syteke.UUCP (Jim Sanchez) writes:
> A while back Ron Natalie posted some information on TCP/IP for IBM/MVS
> systems.  In his message, he mentioned a company called BTI(Bustek)
> that was highly regarded.  In the interviening weeks, I have tried
> writting Ron and asking around about BTI all to no avail.  If ANYONE
> on the net knows how to get in touch with this outfit please mail me
> the information.

Ron didn't answer my mail either... the outfit you want is

Bus-Tech Incorporated
131 Middlesex Turnpike
Burlington, MA 01803
(617) 272-8200

They used to be part of Nixdorf but are now an independent company.
Texas A&M measured the performance of their product attached to a
large Amdahl and came up with numbers in the 600k byte/sec range
for TCP/IP throughput.  Not too shabby for a cheap interface.
Tom McCafferty at BTI tells me they almost never advertise.

Cheers  -- Walt Haas    haas@cs.utah.edu    utah-cs!haas