[comp.dcom.lans] Slip for PCUNIX V.3

tomg@ann.UUCP (Thomas S. Greenwalt) (04/05/89)

Can anyone tell me where I can find the source for 'slip' for Unix V.3?
Your help is appreciated.

--
Thomas S. Greenwalt	                  {amdahl|hpda}!bungia!datapg!ann!tomg
A.N.N. Systems		+1 612-933-6467	  tomg@ann.MN.ORG	tomg@ann!uunet

jbvb@ftp.COM (James Van Bokkelen) (04/05/89)

In article <169@ann.UUCP>, tomg@ann.UUCP (Thomas S. Greenwalt) writes:
> Can anyone tell me where I can find the source for 'slip' for Unix V.3?
> Your help is appreciated.

Spider Systems (65 Bonnington Rd, Edinburgh U.K.) sells a SysV TCP/IP that
includes SLIP.  So do Lachmann Associates, based in Chicago, and The
Wollongong Group, in Palo Alto.  All of these are OEM products, and need to
be ported to specific environments.  If your Unix vendor hasn't done this,
you may be out of luck.

--
James B. VanBokkelen		26 Princess St., Wakefield, MA  01880
FTP Software Inc.		voice: (617) 246-0900  fax: (617) 246-0901

douglas@twg-ap.UUCP (Douglas P. Ambort) (04/11/89)

In article <622@ftp.COM>, jbvb@ftp.COM (James Van Bokkelen) writes:

> Spider Systems (65 Bonnington Rd, Edinburgh U.K.) sells a SysV TCP/IP that
> includes SLIP.  So do Lachmann Associates, based in Chicago, and The
> Wollongong Group, in Palo Alto.  All of these are OEM products, and need to
> be ported to specific environments.

The Wollongong Group's WIN/TCP for STREAMS is not available exclusively
to OEMs;  it is also available "off the shelf" as shrink-wrapped, binary
product for 386 AT systems running UNIX System V 3.2 (incl. ISC's 386/ix),
386 Multibus II systems, a couple of System V 3.0 based 386 AT UNIXs, and
AT&T 3B2s.
Although our DOS TCP/IP includes SLIP, our UNIX System V product does not,
yet.
I am willing to provide select customers with an unsupported implementation
of SLIP, which I've placed in a few sites with quite satisfatory results.

| Douglas Ambort                             The Wollongong Group, Inc. |
| Product Manager                                 1129 San Antonio Road |
| INTERNET: douglas@twg.com                         Palo Alto, CA 94303 |
| TWX: 910-373-2085 WOLLONGONG PLA                       (415) 962-7213 |
| 						    FAX: (415) 969-5547 |
| UUCP/USENET: !{decvax!microsoft,amdcad,uunet}!sco!ambort!douglas      |
| UUCP/USENET: weekend delivery only                                    |