[comp.dcom.lans] wanted: sources for hardware

linimon@killer.Dallas.TX.US (Mark Linimon) (04/19/89)

I'm searching for sources for Ethernet and/or 802.3 compatible network
hardware -- low-level stuff, specifically:

 - coaxial cable
 - coax connectors/terminators
 - isolation transformers
 - dc-to-dc converters.

Please email to me, if there is interest I will summarize and post.

Mark Linimon
Mizar, Inc.
uucp: {convex, killer, sun!texsun}!mizarvme!linimon

normt@ihlpy.ATT.COM (Norman R Tiedemann) (04/24/89)

In article <7880@killer.Dallas.TX.US>, linimon@killer.Dallas.TX.US (Mark Linimon) writes:
> I'm searching for sources for Ethernet and/or 802.3 compatible network
> hardware -- low-level stuff, specifically:
>  - coaxial cable
>  - coax connectors/terminators
>  - isolation transformers
>  - dc-to-dc converters.
> Please email to me, if there is interest I will summarize and post.
> Mark Linimon
> Mizar, Inc.
> uucp: {convex, killer, sun!texsun}!mizarvme!linimon

I tried to e-mail and I got error messages back that I couldn't contact
"killer" so I'll post this.

IF you are looking for something small (i.e. to put on a circuit board)
there is a DC converter by Reliability Inc. which is either +12 to -9
or +5 to -9 in a 28pin dip package. We have been using these for about 3
years now without any problem. Also we use a 16pin dip isolation
transformer by Pulse Engineering. PE-64102 is the part we use.
This is also second sourced by Nano Pulse Industries Inc. There is
some really new neat stuff, very integrated by Fujikura America. It
is a board mountable module about 1" square, which is an entire
transciever (isolation, DC2DC and the Driver/Receiver chip, and
oscillator also). I have tested these, and have had no problem, but
have never used them in any application.

There are 2 large manufacturers of cable and connectors, both have
lots of kinds, and lots of prices. They are "Gore" and Pasternack Enterprises,
Pasternack may actually just be a wholesale house for lots of other
manufacturers.

Address for all these places:

Reliability Inc.		Pulse Engineering Inc.
P.O. Box 218370			P.O.Box 12235
Houston, TX 77218		San Diego, CA 92112
(713) 492-0550			(619) 268-2400

Nano Pulse Industries Inc.	Fujikura America Inc.
440 Nibus St. P.O.Box 9398   	455 One Allegheny Square
Brea, CA 92621			Pittsburgh, PA 15212
(714) 529-2600			(412) 323-9696

W. L. Gore & Assoc.		Pasternack Enterprises
1505 North 4th St.		P.O. Box 16759
Flagstaff, AZ 86001		Irvine, CA 92713
(602) 526-1290			(714) 261-1920

Hope this helps, if you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask

	Norm Tiedemann		AT&T Bell Labs IH 2G-331
	att!ihlpy!normt		2000 Naperville Rd.
	normt@ihlpy.att.com	Naperville, IL  60566
NOTE: Please note that I have been moved from ihlpa to ihlpy