[comp.dcom.lans] Able Terminal Server Info Wanted

jld@rti.UUCP (Jay Dominick) (05/10/89)

Does anyone have any information about Able's 16 port LAT/TCP
Terminal Servers?  I know they haven't been on the market for very
long, but I would appreciate any information that might have accrued
so far.  I'd hate to be out on the bleeding edge all alone.

Please post the replies so that other net.voyeurs might be educated.

Thanks in advance.

Jay Dominick
Research Triangle Institute		Internet: jld@rti.rti.org
PO 12194				Phone: 919 541-7003
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709

root@helios.toronto.edu (Operator) (05/11/89)

In article <2928@rti.UUCP> jld@rti.UUCP (Jay Dominick) writes:

>Does anyone have any information about Able's 16 port LAT/TCP
>Terminal Servers?  I know they haven't been on the market for very
>long, but I would appreciate any information that might have accrued
>so far.  I'd hate to be out on the bleeding edge all alone.

I have an evaluation P.O. out on one. The unit should arrive any time
now. If it's reasonably easy to use we may be looking at replacing our
25 DECserver 100's with them as we now have a number of UNIX systems as
well as VMS VAXes.

I'll try to remember to post something when I've had some time to try
it out.

--
 Ruth Milner          UUCP - {uunet,pyramid}!utai!helios.physics!sysruth
 Systems Manager      BITNET - sysruth@utorphys