[comp.dcom.lans] Where to get Novell packet drivers?

morrison@accuvax.nwu.edu (Vance Morrison ) (06/28/89)

Hello all,

I have just come across a document I copyied from ucsd.edu (hamradio/driver.arc)
that described a standard network card 'packet driver'.  This standard
is being promoted by FTP software Inc, and its most important use is that
it allows things like Novell and TCP/IP to share the same ethernet board.

The document implied that Novell has software that uses the packet drivers
and that there is a version of PC/IP that uses the packet drivers.
Unfortuately, it did not describe particulars on how to get this software.

Thus my question is, does anyone know where to get (assuming it exists)
either Novell code that hooks into the packet driver or the PC/IP code
that uses the packet driver?   We now have two LANs that are running both
Novell and TCP/IP and it would be great if they could be run simultaneously.

Thanks

Vance

scotth@grebyn.com (Scott Hutchinson) (06/29/89)

In article <795@accuvax.nwu.edu> morrison@accuvax.nwu.edu (Vance Morrison ) writes:
>Thus my question is, does anyone know where to get (assuming it exists)
>either Novell code that hooks into the packet driver or the PC/IP code
>that uses the packet driver?   We now have two LANs that are running both
>Novell and TCP/IP and it would be great if they could be run simultaneously.

	I have some information that might be of help if you would like
to give me a call, my number's (703) 471-9402

						Scott Hutchinson
						VANCE Systems Inc.

--
                                     -Scott H. Hutchinson
Standard Disclamers:  These opinions are mine, they do not reflect on my