[comp.dcom.lans] info on INTEROP 89

ginsburg@ginosko.samsung.com (Scott Ginsburg) (07/12/89)

Can anyone out there in LAN land give me some information on what INTEROP
conferences are like? I'm trying to determine if it is worth the trip from
the east coast, or should I wait and hope the same tutorials will be in
Boston in the next year or so? How valuable are the tutorials and conference
sessions?

							Thanks,

================================+=============================================
 Scott Ginsburg			| Voice:	         508-685-7200 ext. 132
 Software Engineer       	| FAX:                            508-685-4940
 SAMSUNG Software America, Inc. | Internet:         ginsburg@ginzo.samsung.com
 Computing Systems Division     | UUCP:                  ginsburg@ginosko.UUCP
 One Corporate Drive            | CSNET:  samsung.com!ginsburg@Tektronix.CSNET
 Andover, MA 01810              | BITNET:  samsung.com!ginsburg@Psuvax1.BITNET
			 	| Amateur Radio:			WA2CJT
================================+=============================================
			Life's not fair, people are.

khj@ecsvax.UUCP (Kenneth H. Jacker) (07/14/89)

In article <2085@ginosko.samsung.com> ginsburg@ginosko.samsung.com (Scott Ginsburg) writes:
>Can anyone out there in LAN land give me some information on what INTEROP
>conferences are like? I'm trying to determine if it is worth the trip ...

Me too.

I'd like to know if it is worth the *money*!  Attending five days
(including a 2-day tutorial) costs $995 ($1095 after Sept 1st).  Just
being there for three days of Conference and Exhibition costs $745
($845)!

Why is it so expensive?  Even considering the 20% discount for
university-types, it still seems overpriced ...

--
Kenneth H. Jacker               Domain:   khj@uncecs.edu
Dept of Math Sciences           BITNET:   khj@ecsvax