[comp.dcom.lans] VME architecture texts

ron@motmpl.UUCP (Ron Widell) (07/14/89)

I tried to mail this first, but the mailer bounced it as "unknown host".

In article <554@b8.UUCP> woods@b8.UUCP writes:
>If anyone can help me, I'm searching for a text book that covers the VME
>arch. and theory of operation.
[...]
>	Thank You In Advance,
>
>	    Mike Wood, Intergraph Huntsville, Alabama

Well, I don't know about text books, but VME is spec'd by IEEE as 1014 and
the IEC as 821. You should be able to get copies of the specs from either
organization.

Another place to check would be VITA (The VMEbus International Trade
Association). They are located at:
	VITA
	10299 N. Scottsdale Rd., Suite E
	Scottsdale, AZ.  85253

	(602)951-8866

Regards,
--
Ron Widell, Field Applications Eng.	|UUCP: {...}mcdchg!motmpl!ron
Motorola Semiconductor Products, Inc.,	|Voice:(612)941-6800