[comp.dcom.lans] Ethernet experiences sought

pat@letni.UUCP (Patrick Dryden) (08/03/89)

InfoWorld magazine seeks user stories regarding PC Ethernet adapters.
If you have had memorable experiences, good or bad, with Ethernet cards
from specific vendors, please share them with us for a future article.
Email or call me, or networking editor Mark Stephens at 415/328-9610.
Thank you.
Patrick Dryden       pat@letni      ...uunet!dalsqnt!attctc!letni!pat
InfoWorld (Dallas)  214/233-4876 ...bellcore!texbell!attctc!letni!pat

is813cs@pyr.gatech.EDU (Cris Simpson) (08/05/89)

In article <1620@letni.UUCP> pat@letni.UUCP (Patrick Dryden) writes:
>InfoWorld magazine seeks user stories regarding PC Ethernet adapters.
>Thank you.
>Patrick Dryden       pat@letni      ...uunet!dalsqnt!attctc!letni!pat
>InfoWorld (Dallas)  214/233-4876 ...bellcore!texbell!attctc!letni!pat

Maybe, but first we want to hear about the "secret" bridge between
Internet and Compuserve that was mentioned in Cringely's column
of a few weeks ago....

cris

--
||   Gee, do you think it'd help if I plugged in both ends of this cable?   ||
Cris Simpson              Computer Engineer               VA Rehab R&D Center

pjh@mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) (08/07/89)

In article <8936@pyr.gatech.EDU> is813cs@pyr.gatech.edu (Cris Simpson) writes:
=Maybe, but first we want to hear about the "secret" bridge between
=Internet and Compuserve that was mentioned in Cringely's column
=of a few weeks ago....

Not so secret, cris.  To send email to me on CompuServe, send it to
	70240.334@compuserve.com
	     ^
	    NOTE the period instead of a comma.

On CIS, send email to
	>internet:pjh@mccc.uucp

Simple, but effective.

--
Pete Holsberg -- Mercer College -- Trenton, NJ 08690
...!rutgers!princeton!njsmu!mccc!pjh

mikeh@dell.dell.com (Mike Hammel) (08/08/89)

>Maybe, but first we want to hear about the "secret" bridge between
>Internet and Compuserve that was mentioned in Cringely's column
>of a few weeks ago....

Its no secret.  I've been using it for a couple weeks now.  If you have
Compuserve access then ask around the UNIX Forum for details.

Michael J. Hammel   | UUCP(preferred): ...!cs.utexas.edu!dell!Kepler!mjhammel
Dell Computer Corp. | Also: ...!dell!dell!mikeh  or 73377.3467@compuserve.com
Austin, TX	    | Phone: 512-338-4400 ext 7169
	    	    | "I know engineers, they looooove to change things"
Disclaimer:	    |:
	These are my views, not necessarily those of the nice folks I work for.