[comp.dcom.lans] Black Box

grina@soleil.UUCP (Peter Grina) (08/25/89)

Has anyone used Black Box to consult, layout, and install a lan?  We are
moving to a new "virgin" facility and I need to hire someone for lan
consultation and installation.

					Thanks in advance,

					Peter Grina
					(201) 685-6231

glen@aecom.yu.edu (Glen M. Marianko) (08/28/89)

In article <780@soleil.UUCP>, grina@soleil.UUCP (Peter Grina) writes:

> Has anyone used Black Box to consult, layout, and install a lan?  We are
> moving to a new "virgin" facility and I need to hire someone for lan
> consultation and installation.

I haven't used Black Box for ANYTHING relating to LANs because they are
incredibly overpriced.  They charge LIST for EVERYTHING!  I don't understand
how they stay in business?!

Since you are in NJ, I would highly recommend a company called Glasgal
Communications in Northvale (201) 768-8082.  They not only do LANs, but also
WANs and Data Comm., and they discount!  If you're moving into anunwired
facility, they can also do cable plant design.  They're an A-Z company.

--
-- Glen M. Marianko, Supervisor of Data Communications and Hardware Support
   glen@aecom.yu.edu - {uunet}!aecom!glen - CIS: 76247,450