[comp.dcom.lans] was Re: high speed networking, Now FDDI.

goodloe@b11.ingr.com (Tony Goodloe) (09/21/89)

In article <2314@umbc3.UMBC.EDU>, chimiak@umbc3.UMBC.EDU (Mr. William J. Chimiak ) writes:
> The latest issue of EDN talks of broadband networking with FDDI.  In it,
> they predict a $500/node cost as economies of scale come into play.

Since the article was brought up, I'll pick a nit: On page 83 it says
"..each node "bids" ... on network parameters such as the THT (Token
Holding Time) ..." This isn't correct. THT is determined when the token
is captured on each token revolution. Not a biggy, but everytime I read
something like this, I wonder how much other misinformation I get on
subjects that I know nothing about.

tony