[comp.dcom.lans] LAN Performance Measurements software wanted

rbaakk@cbnewsi.ATT.COM (ronald.s.baakkonen) (09/21/89)

I would appreciate getting ahold of the software package "LANPerf".
It was written at PC Technical Journal which has since gone under
and turned off its bulletin board.  I believe that the program may have
been included on a free disk offered with new subscriptions to the
magazine in 1988.  If anyone has the disk, the program *may* be on it.
Better yet, if anyone specifically has used the program themselves, all
the better.

I would also like to hear about similar packages, public domain or not,
that will measure LAN throughput and delay.

                All responses gratefully acknowledged!!!!!

Ron Baakkonen                     Phone:  (201) 949-7941
AT&T Bell Laboratories            e-mail: rbaakk@houxa.att.com

jmatrow@ncrwic.Wichita.NCR.COM (John Matrow) (09/22/89)

In article <798@cbnewsi.ATT.COM> rbaakk@cbnewsi.ATT.COM (ronald.s.baakkonen) writes:
>I would also like to hear about similar packages, public domain or not,
>that will measure LAN throughput and delay.

One package which measures remote (virtual) disk performance on DOS is
PC Magazine LAN Benchmark. Call them at (212) 503-5570.
/* not an endorsement */

--
John Matrow   Information Systems & Services, NCR Peripheral Products Division
 NCR:654-8851 <J.Matrow@Wichita.NCR.COM>