[comp.dcom.lans] Help with 3COM 386Upgrade for 3Server3

showard@ucqais.uc.edu (Steve Howard) (09/25/89)

I just purchased the 3+Open 386Upgrade for two of our 3Com 3Server3s.
Our servers lockup every few hours for some strange reason.  (We are
running 3+Open 1.0 with 4 Meg RAM).

Has anybody heard of this problem before?  Has anyone been able to
use a 386Upgrade succussfully?  (If so, please, please, please send e-mail).
Or did I get a coule of "lemons?"  :-(   Is there some upgrade or bug fix
out there that I have missed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

                                 Thanks,
                                   Steve
--
Steve Howard      Univ of Cincinnati  College of Business Administration
(showard@uccba.uc.edu)   UUCP:  {pyramid,decuac,mit-eddie}!uccba!showard

ngaywood@gara.une.oz ( MATH) (09/29/89)

	Recently showard@ucqais.uc.edu (Steve Howard) wrote:

> I just purchased the 3+Open 386Upgrade for two of our 3Com 3Server3s.
> Our servers lockup every few hours for some strange reason.  (We are
> running 3+Open 1.0 with 4 Meg RAM).

	Well we don't have the same configuration, but are experiencing
some hairy problems with 3+Open 1.0. Our configuration is:

	Server: HP Vetra RS25C with 8 meg RAM
	Workstations (20): HP Vectra ES/8 with 640K

	We are attempting to use 3+Start to automatically boot the
workstations from the server when they power up. We can get no more
than (any of the) 14 machines to boot at one time. We can get 20 to
boot from floppies!

	Has anyone else had similar problems? Has anyone got 3+Open to
work reliably at all? I have heard rumours of 3+Open 1.1, are they true?

					Thanks, Norm

--
Norman Gaywood
Department of Mathematics, Statistics and Computing Science