[comp.dcom.lans] tcp/ip terminal servers with slip support?

jh@tut.fi (Hein{nen Juha) (10/05/89)

Our university is installing a bank of V.32 modems and would like to
connect them to a tcp/ip terminal server with SLIP support.  I know
that Cisco has such a server but are there any others?
--
--	Juha Heinanen, Tampere Univ. of Technology, Finland
	jh@tut.fi (Internet), tut!jh (UUCP), jh@tut (Bitnet)

pcf@galadriel.bt.co.uk (Pete French) (10/06/89)

From article <JH.89Oct5185949@korppi.tut.fi>, by jh@tut.fi (Hein{nen Juha):
> Our university is installing a bank of V.32 modems and would like to
> connect them to a tcp/ip terminal server with SLIP support.  I know
> that Cisco has such a server but are there any others?

O.K. - I give up, I have been reading this group now for 3 months so will
somebody please mai me and tell me what SLIP is please.

Apollogies for ignorance.

-Pete.

--
       -Pete French.               | "Love is the corpse,
  British Telecom Research Labs.   |  That crawls on dreams,

prc@erbe.se (Robert Claeson) (10/06/89)

In article <JH.89Oct5185949@korppi.tut.fi> jh@tut.fi (Hein{nen Juha) writes:

>Our university is installing a bank of V.32 modems and would like to
>connect them to a tcp/ip terminal server with SLIP support.  I know
>that Cisco has such a server but are there any others?

Certainly. The Annex II terminal server has SLIP and full IP routing support.
--
          Robert Claeson      E-mail: rclaeson@erbe.se
	  ERBE DATA AB

pcf@galadriel.bt.co.uk (Pete French) (10/11/89)

From article <381@galadriel.bt.co.uk>, by pcf@galadriel.bt.co.uk (Pete French):
> O.K. - I give up, I have been reading this group now for 3 months so will
> somebody please mai me and tell me what SLIP is please.

Thanks to the 37 people who have replied so far ! ... I now know exactly what
slip is .

-Pete.