[comp.dcom.lans] LANEX Broadband Transceivers

illgen@hq.af.mil (Keneth..Illgen) (10/12/89)

   We recently got our hands on a few LANEX broadband transceivers
(Model: TR8002E-50) and haven't been able to get the things to work.

     Does anybody out there know if they come in different frequencies
then chnl 9?
     Does anybody out there know what the spec'd ouput level is? Ours
test at around -7 dBmV. We need a +55 dBmV.

   I'd really appreciate any information someone might have on these units.
We'd like to be able to modify them but the ones we got didn't have literature
with them and the company hasn't been too helpful.

haas%basset.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Walt Haas) (10/13/89)

In article <372@hq.af.mil> illgen@hq.UUCP (Kenneth..Illgen) writes:
>   We recently got our hands on a few LANEX broadband transceivers
>(Model: TR8002E-50) and haven't been able to get the things to work.
> ... Does anybody out there know what the spec'd ouput level is? Ours
>test at around -7 dBmV. We need a +55 dBmV.

I haven't actually used this product but a year ago I evaluated the Lanex
product line as a possible solution for us so maybe I can make
a reasonable guess at the problem.  I think what you have is a 10BROAD36
modem, which shouldn't give any output until you give it a packet to transmit.

Good luck  -- Walt

ochsner@hq.af.mil (Russel.A.Ochsner) (10/13/89)

Makes sense to me, Walt. Do you know if these Xcvrs require any
frequency translation at our headend?? They transmit on TV channel
9 and our network carriers CATV as well as data...

Tnx, Russ