[comp.dcom.lans] Novell - Unix

raistlin@litle.COM (Kevin P. Burke) (12/07/89)

I'm looking for ways to "seamlessly(if possible)" merge a novell network
and a unix network together.  What bridges are available?  Is there a
software package to turn a PC into a bridge?
thanx
-k

-----
Kevin P. Burke                         | P.O.B. C26, Hanover, NH  03755
raistlin@litle.COM                     | +1 603 795 2157
{backbone}!dartvax!litle!raistlin      |================================
dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU!litle!raistlin   | "Tiger food."  -- Hobbes

manoj@excelan.COM (manoj @ NOVELL ) (12/07/89)

In article <628970297.raistlin@litle.COM>, raistlin@litle.COM (Kevin P. Burke) writes:
> I'm looking for ways to "seamlessly(if possible)" merge a novell network
> and a unix network together.  Is there a software package to turn a PC into
> a bridge?
> -----
> Kevin P. Burke                         | P.O.B. C26, Hanover, NH  03755

Kevin...

Novell's Excelan division offers a software package called
'LAN WorkPlace for DOS' or 'LAN WorkPlace for OS/2' at your PC(DOS or OS/2)
that allows your PC to run concurrent access to Netware environment
and Unix/VMS/IBM environments (with TCP/IP protocols)..

The implementation at your DOS machine is available for Excelan's Ethernet card
only and at your OS/2 workstation is available for a variety of Ethernet and
Token Ring Cards..

I can arrange to send you some more literature on request

Regards!
	                                 		+---+
	manoj goel, (408) 473-8369 			| +-+-+
	Product Marketing              			+-+-+ |
        Excelan/Novell, San Jose, CA 		 	  +---+
		When all else fails, read the instructions!
	                                 		+---+
	manoj goel,                                  	| +-+-+
	Product Marketing              			+-+-+ |
        Excelan/Novell, San Jose, CA 		 	  +---+
	(408) 473-8369 (voice) / 433-0775 (fax)
		When all else fails, read the instructions!