[comp.dcom.lans] Ethernet-over-Twisted-Pair

mkd@mtunh.ATT.COM (Mark Darby) (12/11/89)

In article <???@bnrgate.UUCP (Geoff Kratz) writes:

>>5) what are your expierences and what hardware can you recommend, I only
>>   know about STARLAN (I think from AT&T), what other companies offer this?
>
>The STARLAN-10 product is from Hewlett-Packard and is the hub.  We are also
>using HP Bridges.  So far, no complaints.
>--
>Geoff Kratz         Bell-Northern Research, Ltd.    Ph: (613) 763-5784
>Internet Systems      P.O. Box 3511, Station C      FAX:(613) 763-3283
>                    Ottawa Ontario Canada K1Y 4H7
>kratz@bnr.ca  ...!uunet!bnrgate!kratz          #include <disclaimer.h>

AT&T produces a complete StarLAN-10 product line (aptly named
"AT&T StarLAN 10") which includes NAUs, MAUs and HUBs to support 10Mbps
over UTP. AT&T StarLAN 10 also includes support of 10Mbps over fiber optic
cable, too (via fiber NAUs and fiber HUBs).

There may be some confusion since the AT&T and HP products are named
similarly.
Mark K. Darby
AT&T Bell Laboratories                       AT&T: (201)957-2706
200 Laurel Ave.                              uucp:..!att!mtunh!mkd
Middletown, NJ 07748