[comp.dcom.lans] Novell & 16mbps Token Ring??

todd@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Todd Ogasawara) (12/21/89)

Has anyone had any experience using Novell Advanced Netware 286 or 386 with
the IBM 16mbps Token Ring cards?  I'd be interested in hearing any positive
or negative experiences...
--
Todd Ogasawara, U. of Hawaii
UUCP:		{uunet,ucbvax,dcdwest}!ucsd!nosc!uhccux!todd

jack@csccat.UUCP (Jack Hudler) (12/22/89)

In article <5776@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> todd@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Todd Ogasawara) writes:
>Has anyone had any experience using Novell Advanced Netware 286 or 386 with
>the IBM 16mbps Token Ring cards?  I'd be interested in hearing any positive
>or negative experiences...

We are installing a 16Mbps Token Ring here, the only thing I can say about it
so far is that 16mbps Token ring cards a ^%&%$^ @$$#$$ to find. IBM says
it will fill it's distribution channels by the end of March, but from what
I've seen it's more like June. One place I have talk to sayes he has 3900
on back order and another has 2000.

--
Jack 		Computer Support Corportion		Dallas,Texas
Hudler		UUCP: {texsun,texbell,attctc}!csccat!jack