[comp.dcom.lans] Who sells TPE cards?

romeo@lindy.Stanford.EDU (Patrick Goebel) (12/22/89)

Does anyone know who sells PC ethernet cards with a TPE interface?
Ditto for the Mac.

Alternatively, can one buy a TPE adaptor to fit on a standard coax
interface?

Much obliged,
patrick goebel--romeo@lindy.stanford.edu

benderly@cs.columbia.edu (Dan Benderly) (12/23/89)

In article <6669@lindy.Stanford.EDU> romeo@lindy.UUCP (Patrick Goebel) writes:
>Does anyone know who sells PC ethernet cards with a TPE interface?
>Ditto for the Mac.
>
>Alternatively, can one buy a TPE adaptor to fit on a standard coax
>interface?
>
>Much obliged,
>patrick goebel--romeo@lindy.stanford.edu

Both Western Digital & InterLan sell TPE cards for Synoptics TPE networks.
Cable tron has recently started selling their own cards including a TPE
transceiver on board.  It is also possible to buy external TP transceivers
which attach to the AUI port of standard Ethernet cards, but these are generallyexpensive (~$300/transceiver, + cost of Ethernate card).

Products similar to these also exist for the Mac, but I don't remember off hand who makes them.  Try calling Synoptics for more info about cards for their
systems.

Dan

benderly@cs.columbia.edu

pat@hprnd.HP.COM (Pat Thaler) (01/03/90)

Hewlett Packard makes Ethernet/802.3 cards which include a twisted-pair
interface for PC's.

Pat Thaler