[comp.dcom.lans] Novell & Macintosh - driver info needed

pngvrg@prcpto.UUCP (Venkat R. Rajagopalan) (02/01/90)

We plan to hook up a local-talk Mac net to an existing Netware 2.15 Novell
Net . The PC's are on thin-net.

The question is: Is there a novell driver that I can use with an extra
PC Local Talk card from Apple that we happen to have? The disks that
came with Netware for MAC 1.1 don't have any drivers for this.

Or am I limited to using Novell's NL 1000 card to attach the MACs with
Local Talk cabling?   (Fastpath's & Mac ethernet cards are not an
option available to us.)

I would appreciate any information that any one can provide

please email.

Venkat

stefan@wheaton.UUCP (Stefan Brandle ) (02/06/90)

In article <492@prcpto.UUCP> pngvrg@prcpto.UUCP (Venkat R. Rajagopalan) writes:
>Or am I limited to using Novell's NL 1000 card to attach the MACs with
>Local Talk cabling?   (Fastpath's & Mac ethernet cards are not an
>option available to us.)
I believe that the NL1000 is currently the only way.  Novell had claimed that
others will be supported later ...

-sb
--
Stefan Brandle                  UUCP: ...!{obdient,uunet!tellab5}!wheaton!stefan