[comp.dcom.lans] LAT server

rex@nbc1.UUCP (Rex Espiritu) (02/04/90)

We are looking at several non-DEC terminal server products...They need to run
LAT...The vendors we are looking at are Xyplex, Datability, emulex, et. al.

We would appreciate finding out people's experiences/opinions on the above.

Thanks in advance.

Rex
--
M. Rex Espiritu, Jr.                         NBC News, A Division of
rex@nbc1.ge.com                              National Broadcasting Company, Inc.

haas@cs.utah.edu (Walt Haas) (02/06/90)

In article <3269@nbc1.UUCP> rex@nbc1.UUCP (Rex Espiritu) writes:
>We are looking at several non-DEC terminal server products...They need to run
>LAT...The vendors we are looking at are Xyplex, Datability, emulex, et. al.

I would suggest you look closely at the Hughes LAN Systems (formerly Sytek)
model 4208.  It seems to be a very nice box.

Disclaimer: I don't own one, and am not planning to buy one until the
   next release of their software.

Cheers  -- Walt Haas    haas@cs.utah.edu    utah-cs!haas