[comp.dcom.lans] Re^2: LanSpace - not for Windows

alex@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us (Alex Pournelle) (02/07/90)

vanden@studsys.mu.edu (vandenberg) writes:

>In article <4002@mace.cc.purdue.edu> du4@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Ted Goldstein) writes:
>Although a workaround wasn't requested, here's another way to free up some
>of the 640 base.  Qualitas wrote a program that allows a user to put just
>We've used the 386 version on HP RS-20's.

I would recommend looking at QEMM from Quarterdeck, too.  It (among
other things) will reclaim areas of the ROM you're not using (like, most
of that 64K the ROMs are using up) and give it back to you.

There's much more--but I would recommend those really interested check
out the cps.386 mailing list, where much long discussion on this and
related subjects happens.

	Alex

richard@pantor.UUCP (Richard Sargent) (02/09/90)

> From: alex@grian.cps.altadena.ca.us (Alex Pournelle)
> There's much more--but I would recommend those really interested check
> out the cps.386 mailing list, where much long discussion on this and
> related subjects happens.
>
> 	Alex

Oh, please do explain *how* to get on this mailing list.
It sounds like just the thing I and one or two other
people here are interested in.

Thanks.

Richard Sargent                   Internet: richard@pantor.UUCP
Systems Analyst                   UUCP:     ...!mnetor!becker!pantor!richard