[comp.dcom.lans] seeking info about SNMP

kkumara@hubcap.clemson.edu (subri) (05/29/90)

hello,
     I am looking for information about SNMP.I am planning for a project
to monitor the traffic generated by different applications(like e-mail)
to a network (SUN workstations connected to a ethernet).Please e-mail
any information related to this to

kkumara@hubcap.clemson.edu.

emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) (05/29/90)

In article <9139@hubcap.clemson.edu> kkumara@hubcap.clemson.edu (subri) writes:

	I am looking for information about SNMP.I am planning for a project
   to monitor the traffic generated by different applications(like e-mail)
   to a network (SUN workstations connected to a ethernet).

See RFC 1147,

                   FYI on a Network Management Tool Catalog:
              Tools for Monitoring and Debugging TCP/IP Internets
                           and Interconnected Devices

which will point you to all of the right tools.

--Ed

Edward Vielmetti, U of Michigan math dept <emv@math.lsa.umich.edu>
comp.archives moderator

pjj@ntrlink.interlink.com (Patrick Johnston) (05/31/90)

In article <9139@hubcap.clemson.edu> kkumara@hubcap.clemson.edu (subri) writes:
>hello,
>     I am looking for information about SNMP.I am planning for a project
>to monitor the traffic generated by different applications(like e-mail)
>to a network (SUN workstations connected to a ethernet).Please e-mail
>any information related to this to

You can get an SNMP Development Kit from MIT, CMU and ISODE.  These kits
include the basic MIBs and development notes.  You can get them via an
anonymous FTP to:

MIT's
pub/snmp/snmp.tar on host allspice.lcs.mit.edu

CMS's
pub/cmu-snmp1.0.tar on host lancaster.andrew.cmu.edu

ISODE's
isode-snmp.tar.Z on host nisc.nyser.net

Good Luck!

Patrick Johnston	Manager, International Marketing & Support
pjj@interlink.com	Interlink Computer Sciences
sun!ntrlink!pjj		47370 Fremont Blvd
			Fremont, California 94538
voice:	415/657-9800	fax:    415/659-6381