[comp.dcom.lans] NetBIOS and PS/2

rla@media01.UUCP (Raymond van der Laan) (06/06/90)

I wrote network software on a PC AT, using the NetBIOS interface.
In the near future, this software will be ported to PS/2 machines.
In this light, I have two questions. I hope someone can answer them.

-Is there in existence a NetBIOS interface for OS/2? (I heard something
 about a product called Novell386...)

-Will the NetBIOS interface (I'm using Intel's PCLink2 now) be 100%
 compatible if I use MsDOS on the PS/2 machines?

Thanks in advance.

| Raymond van der Laan          |       'The nice thing about standards is     |
| Mediasystemen BV              |        that you have so many to choose from' |
| Holland                       |        A. S. Tanenbaum                       |

oleg@ibm.com (06/09/90)

> Raymond van der Laan writes:
>
> -Is there in existence a NetBIOS interface for OS/2? (I heard something
>  about a product called Novell386...)

IBM Communication Manager has NETBIOS API.

Oleg Vishnepolsky
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center