[comp.dcom.lans] WD EtherCard + with a Dell 310. Any Experience?

hh2@prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) (06/15/90)

Has anyone had any experience installing Western Digital EtherCard Plus
boards into Dell computers?

We have had mixed results installing these boards into Dell 310s running
the NCSA Telnet-TCP/IP software.  Using the same computer, software, and board
settings, some boards work, some don't.  Could it be that three of our brand
new boards are bad staight out of the box, or are we doing something
wrong?  Any comments on this configuration would be appreciated.

Harry

--
Harry Haas  GTRI/RAIL/TDD        "What makes it DO that!?" - Bones
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!hh2

carlson@scooter.PLSN.CA.US (Joe Carlson) (06/16/90)

In article <10528@hydra.gatech.EDU> hh2@prism.gatech.EDU (HAAS) writes:

>Has anyone had any experience installing Western Digital EtherCard Plus
>boards into Dell computers?

	I have used the Ethercard+ in many Dell system 310 and 325s under
SCO UNIX and SCO Xenix and never had any trouble I could trace to the
hardware.
	Make sure the cards mapped region is not conflicting with your
display adapter though....
joe