[comp.dcom.lans] No one supports by Ethernet card ?!@#@

rup@guug.guug.de (07/03/90)

In article <10517@rouge.usl.edu> pcb@gator.cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) writes:
>Setup:  IBM PS/2 70's and 80's with Ungermann Bass NICPS/2 MCA ethernet
>cards.
>
>Why in the heck is (almost) no one supporting this card !~?
>
>I have Novell Netware running but cannot use it with any tcpip software.
>PD packet drivers (clarkson...) do not support this board.

In fact I dont know too much about the UB MCA board. However, I know quite
a lot about our(BICC Data Networks) MCA Ethernet Controller.

Its a Bus Master with full Ethernet-load to and from the channel.
We deliver it with Netware and packet-drivers. Additionally you may purchase
our MPS (Multi Protocol Support) which gives you the ability to run Netware,
TCP/IP and ISO-protocols concurrently (ISO-TP4, CLNS, LLC1/2). We too offer full
support for LAN-Manager and Banyan Vines. Full NDIS stuff too.
The packet drivers we are using are in the public domain.
By the way: IBM has choosen BICC Data Networks as "Partner in Performance" with
our MCA controller.

Of course we have a streams driver for Interactive and a LLI driver for SCO et
al. We will offer full ISO implementation on UNIX for it soon.
If you need more info mail me.

Rup Grafendorfer
BICC Data Networks